CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 15, 2010

The Cabin This Weekend

when we got there, Saturday around noon (or something, it seems so far away) there was about 3-4 feet or snow (or more, depending. some piles were much taller than me, at my humble 5'2"). it was a promising start. except i was the ONLY ONE WHO THOUGHT TO BRING SNOW CLOTHES!? come on! we still had fun though. earlier today me and Hannah had a ton of fun messing around in the snow.






the snow was dry, and fluffy, making it very easy to sink in deep, throwing off balance and making movement sluggish, but still fun! we took to making silly videos of me doing cartwheels (or attempting to) in all my gear, plus powder :P Hannah took out her phone and was like "Carrie! do some parkour!" and it started from there. lol but this is NOT parkour. cause i can't do parkour, but i can mess around and have fun! it was way more fun wrecking then trying to land the cartwheels :P




















































haha there's one more, but where i attempt a toe tough, but i bet you're sick of these lame videos anyway x-p





we also found the SWEETEST horses!! (not that I've ever tasted one, but i know someone who has!...i forget who...huh. anyway!) here are some pictures of them! me and Hannah's fav was the bay horse (if you don't speak horse and rider, a bay is a brown horse, with black/dark brown on the nose, feet, and a dark stripe down the back. the mane and tail are also black/dark brown). the paint kept getting jealous of our attention to the bay, and nudged it out of the way repeatedly. they were very curious horses, trying to nibble our clothing, and sniff our hands for possible treats.








this one (above) is hard to tell, but the horse's nose. She was smelling my phone. i was worried she was going to take a bite!!





speaking of taking a bite, these horses seemed hungry! they look fine and healthy, the there was a GIANT stack of fresh hay behind them, under a roof, but for some reason, they all chewed on the wood! any wood they could get their teeth into, as you can see by the chew marks on the side of these stairs!

















"please let me come with you! i just know i can fit through these bars if i turn my head just like this!"










ah, just gorgeous isn't it? untouched! i actually got in trouble from my mom for walking out in the snow like that :P what was i supposed to do! i couldn't help it!





oh and one more story haha...

there's this farm dog across the street, at the little dairy farm, named Piper. i love piper! he always plays with Maggie, my dog. they are perfect for each other, and are best friends. this time, we didn't bring Maggie up to the cabin (thanks to SOMEONE who complains of her "mess" psh) and piper was very sad. i went for a walk, to enjoy the beautiful earth, when i see piper trotting along behind. the sweet dog he is, he comes up and leans against me, wagging his tail. then, he begins to howl, the really sad-pitiful-lonely kind of howl. i could tell he missed Maggie! i felt very sorry for him, so i let his accompany me on my walk. just as i am pausing for a moment to call back to the cabin, i notice that piper is lifting his leg... ON ME!! "PIPER!!! GAH!!!" *this is where i dive for the snow, and writhe around like I'm on fire* i take it as his was of showing his appreciation for me letting him come along on my walk. or asking me to be his valentine. something like that. luckily i was wearing my waterproof snow pants, so it just beaded up, and came right off. wheew. but still, poor piper. he showed up on our porch early this morning, hoping to find maggie, but having no such luck, proceeded to howl on our porch, very loudly. i forgive him for taking a leak on me, out of pure pity for his loneliness.

4 comments:

Hannah said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Hannah said...

It's funny how you're going to be a senior next year.

Anonymous said...

hannah you are r a n d o m, and carrie.... OH MY DEAREST THAT IS HILARIOUS!!! i can't believe you rolled around in the snow you dork hahaha but i feel sorry for piper, i don't konw him but this story put my heart next to his hahahahaha

Caroline said...

haha it was not rolling!! it was controlled!