CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 4, 2010

hey, yeah it's been a while... (but don't expect any apologies)

here's kind of what's been going on in my life:




  1. getting read for a piano competition in march. Here's what I'm playing: Fantasia No. 3 in d minor, K. 397. by W. A. Mozart. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deNZCpBLrEk (ps, if clicking on that link doesn't work, try copy and pasting it or typing it out. it's worth it i promise!!! this song is absolutely GORGEOUS.

  2. cheer still, four games a week!! too... many...

  3. teaching piano- two students (two girls) and I'm about to start two new boys (O.o)

  4. tumbling has been put on hold!!!!! (indefinitely.......) :'(

  5. young women's basketball just started! we won our first game :)

  6. and now singing lessons!

idk how much time i have left, but i seem to be surviving, i suppose.


so singing lessons. very odd. i have to do these really weird exercises everyday, singing arpeggios (my teacher calls them scales but they are SO not scales!!! i should know :P). today, she had me making that b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b noise (idk how else to spell it...?), you know, like the noise little boys make when they play with trucks. i for the life of me could not do it!! i kept cracking up at her making that noise!! haha i hope she wasn't offended.


teacher: "OK, do it like this Caroline: B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


me: *earnestly trying to screw my face in to something that can make that noise, but the laughter overcomes all* "b-b-b-BAH HAHAHAHA!!!! sorry sorry sorry!!! I'll try again!! i can do it! i promise!"


teacher: "OK. remember, it's B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B!!!!!!!!! not b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b."


me: *completely loses it again* "pbbttthhh HAHAHAHA!"


teacher: *gives me a weird look, like 'what is wrong with this girl?'* "oh. kay. well you'll have to practice that every day till you have it right"


me: *internal wince* "sure i can do that!"

2 comments:

Caroline said...

a while?!

A WHILE?!

The key to that is using your diaphram. Just literally bust it out.

Mrs. Warner taught us that.

Caroline said...

HANNAH you just commented as ME. and NO it's not the diaphram!!!!!! it's the fact that i can't keep a straight face. my diaphram is just fine, as you can hear me singing very loudly every day, or should i sing louder?