CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 28, 2010

My Limits

I finally know them. After going through this school year, almost killing myself (k that is a little dramatic, but sometimes it felt like that!) I vow not to do that ever again. Not this summer, not next year. Tempting as it may be. I now know what it is like to be one of those poor over-booked children you hear about living in suburbia. My weeks have been like this recently.

  • Monday: ACT prep class, possibly babysitting, practice piano, HMWK, and FHE, practice singing
  • Tuesday: Cheer Practice till 4:15, HMWK, Piano practicing, practice singing
  • Wednesday: ACT prep class, Teach two piano lessons, YW, Piano practicing, HMWK, (and Hannah's 4-hour dance recital) practice singing
  • Thursday: Cheer practice again, Singing lessons, HMWK, piano practicing
  • Friday: Piano lesson (my own!), then hopefully hang out with friends or something

*note* I have to be done practicing the piano before 8pm which means I have to do it before my HMWK, but after cheer and stuff. I usually try to get into bed by 9ish, but that doesn't usually happen. If only! haha but I'm a horrible person, because sometimes I do things not on my schedule, like working on flexibility, or jumping on the tramp, or practicing my cheer dance (but i have to do that one!)

haha and this is my less busy schedule. During Basketball season, I seriously thought I was going to get a stomach ulcer from the stress or something. It was twice as bad. Especially with me getting sick and having a fever for a week straight, then trying to catch up for my piano competition, chya. Next year will not be like this.

I remember, the day of my competition, i was really down, because i worked really really hard on my piece all day, then got home at 8, and had to start all my HMWK, chemistry especially,which is death for me, and just breaking down, thinking about all I still had to do that week. Cheer would take more than 25 hours of my week during basketball season, and that's both in and out of school. But one of my best friends knew just what to say to me, although I bet they have forgotten. I went and wrote down what they said to me, and i go back to it when ever I feel like a can't take it anymore. It really keeps me going; it makes me really thankful to have friends that care so much about me, and try their best to pick me up when I'm falling down. I hope I can pay them back someday. It goes along with my new maxim "endure to the end". That's what I tell myself when it gets really busy.

But back to my limits. This summer, my mom wants me to do a lot of things, but I know, looking at it all, that it is past my limit again. 8 Hours of college credit may be really tempting, but it's also 5 weeks of 7:30 am to noon CHEMISTRY at the U of U. By itself, I might be able to get through somehow, but added on top of reading 2 books twice for AP lit, and writing on them, plus whatever I'm assigned for AP gov (I'm guessing 10-12 mini-report-thingies like usual) and early morning cheer practices and cheer camp, and piano (teaching and playing) and singing (?) it's too much, even without school. Plus cabin trips. So I'm going to drop the chemistry program. It was a really hard choice.... I mean 8 HOURS! But I think I'm doing the right thing. Plus, this means I can focus on my YW camp calling, and I don't have to miss any part of girl's camp (oh yeah, another thing I'm doing this summer. I'm a YCL. kind of a big deal. haha my second time doing it)

2 comments:

Camila Fuenzalida said...

your amazing I can't believe you did ALL of this just this year. Thanks for being awesome always even though I know you'd rather be crabby or tired and just want to go to bed :) I know junior year would have sucked with out you... chya (i love that word now gahahaha)

Caroline said...

haha are you stealing my word!? jk