CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Composing


I don't think I am a composer yet
Although I have learned all about the foundation of music
it's not learning the rules that allows one to compose
it's the free flow of rhythms
and progressions
not just the ones heard by the ear
but the ones in the mind
tossing
in mayhem sometimes
but still perfectly clear in essence;
I try to make it work
but I still have to hear the notes
out loud
to make a phrase
but I am trying to learn
No really, I just finished writing a song. I have yet to name it, and write it out good, and add the chord progressions. I am kind of proud of it... although it;s only 18 measures long haha. It's much better than my first attempt to write music....or my second or third. My knowledge of music theory really helped me though; there is no way I could have written it before taking that class, because that's just how I am. Not talented like Jaron, who can just sit down and spit it out freely haha. I apologize to him for always telling him to write out his pieces. NEVER DO IT. It sucks to do. It makes my brain hurt; I would have written a better post than this, but I'm already shot from writing, so yeah haha.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY TAHOOTIES i thought you were kidding when you told me you put this on here. geez woman. oh hey guess what, at the 2010 graduation today me and cami yelled "carrie loves you!!" when a certain boy walked down the aisle :)

Caroline said...

VERONICA!!!! GAAAH! I am going to kill you. and there are other things which I wish to say, but I can't say it publicly on my blog. and no, they aren't swear words.

Camila Fuenzalida said...

First of all I would like to hear this song you've written although I think I already have... was it the one you played in seminary? because that one was amazing! for realz

Second of all, i don't recall me ever yelling at this person at graduation.. i believe that claim is only a figment of vero's superfluous imagination

Camila Fuenzalida said...

oh yeah i got the assignment for AP Gov it's quite easy :"Find a copy of the constitution including all the amendments and rewrite it in your own words to show your understanding" now all i have to do is find time to actually do it :)