CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

time to shine!

today's day of pointless school:
~there were no classes
~all i did was wander around the halls trying to find something to
do with a handful of other bored people
~but it wasn't a total loss

so we wandered into the band room, (which i've never been in before) so i could play the piano, becuse we were running out of things we could do. well i sat down and started to play "bobo's blues" (THANK YOU HAM!!) on the piano, when the band teacher, who was just in his office doing some grades or something else on the compute, comes out, interested.

He says to me: wow you can really play piano

Me: um ya heh heh

Him: are you in any music classes?

Me: *shakes head*

Him: can you read music?

Me: yes

him: how long have you been playing?

Me: um about seven years

him: want to be in jazz band? usually you have to audition, but i'll take that as your audition

so YEA!! I'M SO EXCITED! wow i can't believe he thought i was that good though! haha and the jazz band is better than regular band, which you don't have to audition for. wow and i don't even know the teacher's name, and i doubt he knows mine. he said if i was in regular band, i'd be playing the xylophone, but in jazz band i could play the piano. :D that is so awesome! so i went and changed my schedual right away. i THINK his name is Mr.Dickenson or something like that. but ya, the old teacher (maybe you remember him?) Mr.Green retired in December.


*****UPDATE*****
my brother rj just pointed out a fact that i didn't think of before
I BET THE TEACHER THINKS I WAS IMPROVISING!! THAT MEANS HE THINKS I WAS LIKE 2000 TIMES BETTER THAN I ACTUALLY AM!!! NO WONDER HE WAS SO ANXIOUS TO HAVE ME IN JAZZ BAND!! NO WHAT DO I DO?? GAH! I'M TOAST!!!!!!!!!!! BURNT TO A CRISP TOAST!!!!!!
GAAAAH!!!!!!!! NO!!!!! AHHH!!! ASDFJ;LKASDHFA;SDUFHASD
*hitting head on keyboard*
l
asdfkjasdf
wieu
,.m rt
viopa\]
aluiarg
kl;j\


AW;LEFH
NO!!
WHY IN THE WORLD DIDN'T I TELL HIM?!?! NOW I HAVE TO SPEND THE SUMMER WORKING MY BUTT OFF TRYING LEARNING HOW TO ACTUALLY IMPROVISE!!!! UGH! I WISH THE TEACHER HAD ASKED ME IF I WAS IMPROVISING!!!! GAH!!

1 comments:

vern said...

OH COME ON CARRIE YOUR AMAZING ON THE PIANO!!! but it is kind of overwhelming with all you have to keep up with next year!